Kentra Training provide a wide selection of Health and Safety courses, including this Food Hygiene training course. We specialise in providing on-site training for this classroom based course.
Aims and Objectives
To ensure that the food handlers meet the training requirements of the Food Safety Act Regulations and are fully conversant with the practical procedures and methods of applying food hygiene in workplace.
Delegate Eligibility / Entry Requirements
This course is designed for candidates of all abilities. We can assist candidates with any learning difficulties or where English may not be their first language, please mention when booking a course.
Food Hygiene is covered by the Foods Standard Agency, who state:
“Every person working in a food-handling area must maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
Staff must wear clothing that is:
When staff are preparing or handling food they should:
● keep hair tied back and wear a suitable head covering, e.g. hat or hair net
● not wear watches or jewellery (except a wedding band)
● not touch their face and hair, smoke, spit, sneeze, eat or chew gum
Food businesses must make sure that any staff handling food:
● are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene
● have relevant training for the job
Those responsible for developing and maintaining the food business’s food safety management procedures must have received adequate training to enable them to do this.”
The Food Hygiene training course ratio is
10 Candidates: 1 Instructor, Duration: 1 Day
● Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant legislation and guidelines
● Introduction to Food Safety
● The First principles
● Microbiology and illness
● How bacteria multiply
● High risk food
● Contamination and prevention of illness
● Temperature control
● Preparing and presenting food
● Spoilage and preservation
● Delivery and storage
● Personal hygiene
● Question and answer sessions.
A room for the theory session
Certification & Validation
This Food Hygiene training course is certificated as a Kentra card. We are a registered training provider and our cards are suitable for the HSE and insurances. Our instructor will take the candidates picture on the day of training, which will appear on their ID cards.
Candidates successfully completing this course will receive one of the following:
● Kentra Training course validation and plastic (credit card size) ID card
In addition to our on-site training Kentra are in the unique position to be able to offer on-line courses, full details are available on our on-line website www.kentraonline.com
We also have a dedicated News page to keep you up to date with information from the industry and training news.
If you would like to discuss this Food Hygiene training course or any other details please Contact us.