Kentra Training provide a wide selection of Health and Safety courses, including this Workplace Health and Safety training course. We specialise in providing on-site training for this classroom based course, which can be extended to include a practical session in a specific area of your workplace.
Aims and Objectives
To provide employees with health and safety understanding this, will enable them to contribute to any health and safety management system.
● Work in a safe and healthy manner and contribute to improving health and safety within an organisation’s policy
● Identify key hazards in their own workplace
● Understand the importance of health and safety rules and working procedures
● Report potential health and safety problems
● Be responsible for their own actions
Delegate Eligibility / Entry Requirements
This course is designed for candidates of all abilities. We can assist candidates with any learning difficulties or where English may not be their first language, please mention when booking a course.
It’s important to know how workplace legislation applies to you.
Help from HSE
If you want to know which legislation relates to your industry, there are a few ways to find this out:
● Some of our industry and topic sites have a specific legislation section and we hope to introduce this as a standard feature across all sites
● The lists of Acts and Statutory Instruments can be sorted alphabetically by title and can be used to identify relevant legislation
● The search engine can also be used to trace legal information
If you are also interested in the general legislation that applies to all working environments you may want to:
● visit the Getting started site which provides basic information
● explore the Workers site which explains the range of rights and responsibilities that affect employees
● check out the Businesses site which describes legal responsibilities of companies and the benefits that good health and safety practices can bring.
The Workplace Health and Safety training course ratios are
10 Candidates: 1 Instructor, Duration: 1 Day
● Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant legislation and guidelines
● Health and Safety law
● Prevention of accidents and ill health
● First aid at work
● Personal Protective Equipment(PPE)
● Workplace health, safety and welfare
● Work equipment
● Fire prevention
● Hazardous Substances
● Ergonomics and workstation design
● Manual Handling
A room for the theory session and a safe area for the practical session, if you would like to exptend the course to include a practical session in a specific area of your workplace.
Certification & Validation
This Workplace Health and Safety training course is certificated as a Kentra card. We are a registered training provider and our cards are suitable for the HSE and insurances. Our instructor will take the candidates picture on the day of training, which will appear on their ID cards.
Candidates successfully completing this course will receive one of the following:
● Kentra Training course validation and plastic (credit card size) ID card
In addition to our on-site training Kentra are in the unique position to be able to offer on-line courses, full details are available on our on-line website www.kentraonline.com
We also have a dedicated News page to keep you up to date with information from the industry and training news.
If you would like to discuss this Workplace Health and Safety training course or any other details please Contact us.