Kentra Training provide a wide selection of Horticulture courses, including training for All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV Quad Bike training course). We specialise in providing on-site training and this course is delivered using a mixture of both classroom based tutorial and practical machine operating, testing and a final course assessment.
Aims and Objectives
To provide the practical skills and the operating safety knowledge necessary for operators to correctly prepare, operate and maintain an All-Terrain Vehicle.
● To have a basic understanding of the dangers and their responsibilities as an operator
● To be able to locate and identify the major components and key controls of the machine and explain their functions
● Conduct all pre-operational checks, identify PPE appropriate for ATV use
● Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
● Prepare the ATV for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
● Attach and set trailer implements ready for operation
● Storage and transport of implements and attachments
● Load and unload from a transport vehicle or trailer correctly
● Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Delegate Eligibility / Entry Requirements
This course is designed for candidates of all abilities. We can assist candidates with any learning difficulties or where English may not be their first language, please mention when booking a course.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) state that everyone at work needs to know how to work safely and without risks to health. The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 requires employers to provide their employees with information, instruction, training and supervision necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonable practicable, their health and safety at work . The self employed also have a duty, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their work activities.
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 also specify situations where health and safety training is particularly important, e.g. when people start work. There are a number of other regulations with specific training requirements, e.g. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER98) specifies the need for training for people who use work equipment.
The ATV Quad Bike training course ratios are
Novice: 1 machine: 3 candidates: 1 Instructor: 1-2 days
Refresher and Test: 1 machine: 3 candidates: 1 Instructor: 1 day
Experienced Worker Test (EWT): 1 machine: 6 candidates: 1 Instructor: 1 day
Test timings : Candidate practical test to be completed within 1 hour 15 minute duration.
● Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant legislation and guidelines
● Machine knowledge, components, controls and PPE
● Pre-operational checks and daily maintenance
● Safe operation on level and varying terrain
● Correctly identifying towing and loading limits
● Correctly identifying towing and hitch capacities, coupling a trailer
● Transporting the ATV and loading safely onto the transporter
● End of shift checks
● Sit Astride ATV
● Sit in ATV
● Argo cat type
● Soft track type
● Hagglund type
● Additional variation which can be stated on the registration
If you have any attachments these can be included in the assessment and detailed on the training card (if required).
Tracks must be correctly tensioned and tyres at the correct pressures
Trailer can be of any type as long as it is suitable for the towing vehicle and is in a good condition. If loaded the load must be correctly secured.
A suitable load for the vehicle and a suitable securing devices must be available.
A room for the theory session and a safe area for the practical assessment on the ATV
Trailer or attachment if required
All to be in good working order.
Certification & Validation
This ATV Quad Bike training course is certificated as a Kentra card. We are a registered training provider and our cards are suitable for the HSE and insurances. Our instructor will take the candidates picture on the day of training, which will appear on their ID cards.
Candidates successfully completing this course will receive one of the following:
● Kentra Training course validation and plastic (credit card size) ID card
In addition to our on-site training Kentra are in the unique position to be able to offer on-line courses, full details are available on our on-line website www.kentraonline.com
We also have a dedicated News page to keep you up to date with information from the industry and training news.
If you would like to discuss this ATV Quad Bike training course or any other details please Contact us.