Kentra Training provide a wide selection of Plant Operator courses, including this Loader Compressor Training Course. We specialise in providing on-site training and this course is delivered using a mixture of both classroom based tutorial and practical machine operating, testing and a final course assessment.
Aims and Objectives
To provide the practical skills and the operating safety knowledge necessary for operators to correctly prepare, safely operate and maintain a Loader Compressor.
● To have a basic understanding of the dangers and their responsibilities as an operator
● To be able to locate and identify the major components and key controls of the machine and explain their functions
● Conduct all pre-operational checks, identify PPE appropriate for Loader Compressor and prepare the machine ready for operation
● Operate machinery safely and efficiently
● Storage and transport of Loader Compressor attachments
● Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
● Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Delegate Eligibility / Entry Requirements
This course is designed for candidates of all abilities. We can assist candidates with any learning difficulties or where English may not be their first language, please mention when booking a course.
According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) ‘There are three categories of worker who must be trained and competent regarding the excavator hazards and precautions:
Drivers: should be trained, competent and authorised to operate the specific excavator. Training certificates from recognised schemes help demonstrate competence and certificates should be checked for validity;
Signallers: should be trained, competent and authorised to direct excavator movements and, where possible, provided with a protected position from which they can work in safety; and
Pedestrians: should be instructed in safe pedestrian routes on site and the procedure for making drivers aware of their presence’
The Loader Compressor Training Course ratios are
Novice: 1 machine: 3 Candidates: 1 Instructor, Duration: 1 – 3 Days
Refresher and Test: 1 machine: 3 candidates: 1 Instructor, Duration: 1 Day
Experienced Worker Test (EWT): 6 Candidates: 1 Instructor: 1 Day
EWT combination of 3+3 is available for this category (3 Loader compressor tests plus 3 Loading shovel tests for example)
Test timings: Full test must be completed within 1 hour 15 minute duration.
● Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant legislation and guidelines
● Pre-operational checks and daily maintenance
● Pre-excavating checks
● Maneuver Loader Compressor around the site safely
● Carry out pre loading checks
● Load Dumper/Rear Dump Truck/ Tipper Lorry or similar with spoil
● Build a spoil heap on firm level ground
● Back fill an excavation correctly
● Connect air hoses and attachments
● End of shift checks
If you have any attachments these can be included in the assessment and detailed on the training card (if required).
Material suitable to break and a sufficient stockpile for loading
The breaker operation must be at least 3 meters away from the machine
The loader compressor must be fitted with a standard bucket
Loading vehicle to be filled to capacity.
A room for the theory session and a safe area for the practical session. Materials to be able to build a spoil heap.
In addition if required we can assess the following – A machine to load into. Back filling an excavation. These are not mandatory requirements.
The Instructor is required to see the machine/equipment’s LOLER certificate (if applicable) before commencement of the course.
All machines to be in good working order.
Certification & Validation
This Loader Compressor Training Course can be registered with our awarding body or certificated as a Kentra card. We are a registered training provider and our cards are suitable for the HSE and insurances. Our instructor will take the candidates picture on the day of training, which will appear on their ID cards.
Candidates successfully completing this course will receive one of the following:
● Kentra Training course validation and plastic (credit card size) ID card
● NPORS registration and plastic ID card N206 Loader Compressor training course
If NPORS is required we will need to notify them prior to the course, so please mention this when booking.
In addition to our on-site training Kentra are in the unique position to be able to offer on-line courses, full details are available on our on-line website www.kentraonline.com
We also have a dedicated News page to keep you up to date with information from the industry and training news.
If you would like to discuss this Loader Compressor training course or any other details please Contact us.