Kentra Training provide a wide selection of Tool Safety courses, including this Concrete Cutting Chainsaw training course. We specialise in providing on-site training and this course is delivered using a mixture of both classroom based tutorial and practical machine operating, testing and a final course assessment.
Aims and Objectives
The Concrete cutting chainsaw training course is designed to highlight to participants the dangers of its use and the safe operating procedures necessary so as to help avoid accidents and injuries from a concrete cutting chainsaw.
● To have a basic understanding of the dangers and their responsibilities as an operator
● To be able to locate and identify the major components and key controls of the machine and explain their functions
● Explain the techniques to service and maintain the chainsaw and explain how to sharpen and maintain the chain using the appropriate equipment
● Identify and maintain the correct PPE appropriate for operation
● Operate machinery safely including start / stop of the engine, safety checks and carrying out cutting tasks
● Storage and transport and be able to carry out end of shift and shut down procedures
Delegate Eligibility / Entry Requirements
This course is designed for candidates of all abilities. We can assist candidates with any learning difficulties or where English may not be their first language, please mention when booking a course.
According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), it is essential that anyone who uses a chainsaw at work should have received adequate training and be competent in using a chainsaw for the type of work that they are required to do. This course is designed to provide you with evidence of the required experience and knowledge required.
The concrete cutting chainsaw training course ratios are
Novice candidates: 4 Candidates: 1 Instructor, Duration: 2 Days
Refresher and Test course: 4 Candidates: 1 Instructor, Duration: 1 Day
Test timings : Candidate practical’s to be completed within 1 hour 30 minute duration.
● Employer & Employee legal responsibilities
● Health & Safety Act 1974 and other relevant legislation
● Pre Operational checks
● Chainsaw transportation and maintenance (workshop safety)
● Chain sharpening
● Lubrication and refueling
● Starting and pre-cutting checks
● Jammed Blade procedures
● Carryout cutting correctly – (on Service Pipes / Walls / Floors)
If you have any attachments these can be included in the assessment and detailed on the training card (if required).
Permit to work
Adequate water supply to the machine
Set up and strip down of the saw will be covered by each candidate
Candidate will complete at least two cuts of concrete or pipe
A room for the theory session and a safe area for the practical session.
Candidates will be expected to provide their own machine in good working order, PPE including hearing, leg and eye protection, helmet and gloves. Safety Boots / Gaiters or steel toe-capped boots.
Certification & Validation
This concrete cutting chainsaw training course can be registered with our awarding body or certificated as a Kentra card. We are a registered training provider and our cards are suitable for the HSE and insurances. Our instructor will take the candidates picture on the day of training, which will appear on their ID cards.
Candidates successfully completing this course will receive one of the following:
● Kentra Training course validation and plastic (credit card size) ID card
● NPORS registration and plastic ID card N025 Concrete Cutting Chainsaw training course
If NPORS is required we will need to notify them prior to the course, so please mention this when booking.
In addition to our on-site training Kentra are in the unique position to be able to offer on-line courses, full details are available on our on-line website www.kentraonline.com
We also have a dedicated News page to keep you up to date with information from the industry and training news. Here’s a link to our article regarding Working with Chainsaws which details the PPE requirements and other information you may find interesting.