Kentra Training provide a wide selection of Working at Heights courses, including this Emergency Escape Training Course. This course is unique to Kentra Training and was developed with NPORS, so awarding body certification is also available.
We specialise in providing on-site training and this course is delivered using a mixture of both classroom based tutorial and practical training, testing and a final course assessment.
Aims and Objectives
This course will give persons attending the knowledge and the skills to be proficient in the use and inspection of such equipment.
By the end of the course attendees will have a broad based training in the basic skills and techniques of working at heights to National Standards.
● To have a basic understanding of the dangers and their responsibilities
● To be able to locate and identify the major components and explain their functions
● Conduct all safety checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
● Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for use
● Correctly fit and remove the Emergency Escape equipment
● Storage of Emergency Escape equipment
Delegate Eligibility / Entry Requirements
This course is designed for candidates of all abilities. We can assist candidates with any learning difficulties or where English may not be their first language, please mention when booking a course.
According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) ‘All people using equipment at work must be adequately trained to ensure health and safety in its use, supervision or management. … People should be competent for the work they undertake. Training – along with knowledge, experience and skill – helps develop such competence. However, competence may (in some cases) necessarily include medical fitness and physical / mental aptitude for the activity.’
The Emergency Escape training course ratios are
6 Candidates: 1 Instructor: 1 Day
● Introduction to Working at Height – current legislation and guidelines.
● Theory, related knowledge, safety, industrial legislation
● Performance criteria, plan, organise and co-ordinate own work, adopting safe working practices.
● Practical activities, working safely.
● Inspection and storage of equipment.
● All activities will be conducted under 5 metres in height.
● Safety equipment, Identifying suitable Anchor Points – Safe Routes – Safety Hazards.
A room for the theory session and a safe area for the practical session.
All equipment to be in good working order.
Certification & Validation
This Emergency Escape training course can be registered with our awarding body or certificated as a Kentra card. We are a registered training provider and our cards are suitable for the HSE and insurances. Our instructor will take the candidates picture on the day of training, which will appear on their ID cards.
Candidates successfully completing this course will receive one of the following:
● Kentra Training course validation and plastic (credit card size) ID card
● NPORS registration and plastic ID card P725 Emergency Escape Training Course
If NPORS is required we will need to notify them prior to the course, so please mention this when booking.
Other courses related to the Emergency Escape training course are detailed in our Working at Heights section.
In addition to our on-site training Kentra are in the unique position to be able to offer on-line courses, full details are available on our on-line website www.kentraonline.com
We also have a dedicated News page to keep you up to date with information from the industry and training news.
If you would like to discuss this Emergency Escape training course or any other details please Contact us.