General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be replacing the Data Protection Act with effect from the 25th May 2018. Therefore we are informing you of what data we collect and how we store/handle it. We may collect and use personal information for booking a course of which you are party. We have a duty to ensure your data is secure and confidential at all times and we will only collect data that is required by us to perform the training booked. We never have, nor ever will sell any information to third parties.
- We will process your personal data in order to access your application as your training provider, and update you (by email or other communication method) on changes to policies and procedures directed to us by our regulators and awarding bodies.
- The categories of personal data which will be subject to processing are the details set out in the test paperwork and we obtain your personal data from the details you provide to us on these forms. All such data is required in order to evaluate your application for training and failure to provide any or all such data may result in your application be rejected.
- Your personal data will not be subject to any automated decision making process.
- We will not transfer your personal data to any third party other than an awarding body, if you choose to be registered with them, or a regulator if we are required by law to do so.
- You have the right to; request access to your personal data, to have any errors rectified, to have it erased, restrict us from processing it or to object to such processing, and have your personal data made available to you (or a third Party) in a format that enables it to be transferred to yourself (or such third party). Please be aware that any withdrawal of personal data we hold will invalidate any training provided as we will no longer be able to verify your details.
- If you are not satisfied with how we process your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s office.
- We will retain the information provided to us for a minimum of 7 years, unless there is a contractual or legislative reason to hold the data for longer. Information beyond that time will be disposed of securely.