We specialise in providing a wide selection of Marshalling courses. The N132 Plant Mover course was developed for candidates who move, deliver or repair items of plant but do not use them in an operational capacity. This course is delivered on-site using a mixture of both classroom based tutorial and practical machine marshalling, testing and a final course assessment.
Aims and Objectives
To train candidates in the movement of plant machinery – non operational duties. Vehicle and Plant Machinery Marshalling is covered under a separate course.
Other Marshalling courses available include :
Delegate Eligibility – Entry Requirements
This course is designed for candidates of all abilities. We can assist candidates with any learning difficulties or where English may not be their first language, please mention when booking a course.
There are 3 levels of experience
- Novice: Where full training is required. 6 Candidates: 1 Machine: 1 Instructor: Duration : 1 day
- Refresher and Tests: Where candidates require refresher training and may need some remedial tuition. 6 Candidates: 1 Machine: 1 Instructor: 1 Day
- Experienced Worker Tests (EWT): This is just testing only 8 Candidates: 1 Machine: 1 Instructor: 1 Day
Test timings : Each candidates full practical test must be completed within 20 minute duration.
- Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant legislation and guidelines
- Site safety awareness
- Pre operational checks
- Carry out site safety checks
- Operation of plant
- Maneuvering machines around the site
- End of shift checks
- Lifting Equipment
- Earth Moving Equipment
- Accessing Equipment
- Have a basic understanding of the dangers and their responsibilities as an Plant Machinery Marshall
- Be able to locate and identify the major components and key controls of the machine and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks, identify PPE appropriate for Plant Mover use and prepare the Plant Machinery for use
- Operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Certification & Validation
This course can be registered with our awarding body NPORS or accredited by us Kentra Training. We are a registered training provider and our cards are suitable for the HSE and insurances. Registration with NPORS can be with either the standard 5 year traditional card or with a NPORS CSCS Construction Plant Operator Card.
NPORS CSCS Construction Plant Operator Card.
New Entrant – No (S)NVQ Held (2 year – Red Card)
Once successfully tested operators who do not hold the requisite Marshalling NVQ will be issued with a Trained Operator card valid for 2 years from the date they were tested. During the two year period they will be required to register for and achieve the requisite (S)NVQ.
On successful completion of this process a Competent Operator card will be issued valid for 5 years from the date of application. A CPD record & operator logbook will also be issued.
New Entrant – (S)NVQ Held (5 year – Blue Card)
Once successfully tested operators who do currently hold the requisite (S)NVQ will be issued with a Competent Operator card valid for 5 years from the date they were tested. Operators in receipt of the Competent Operator card will also be issued with a CPD record & operator logbook. This will be an ongoing record of the operators continuous professional development and of their operating hours in the workplace.
Please note that in all cases for a NPORS CSCS card, operators will have to supply proof that they have passed the CITB health, safety & environmental touch screen test within two years.
So candidates successfully completing this course will receive one of the following:
- Kentra Training course validation and plastic (credit card size) ID card
- NPORS traditional registration and plastic ID card N132 Plant Mover
- NPORS/CSCS registration and plastic ID card C132 Plant Mover
2 year Red card – No NVQ
5 year Blue card – if you hold a NVQ for Marshalling
If NPORS is required we will need to notify them prior to the course, so please mention this when booking.
Our instructor will take the candidates picture on the day of training, which will appear on their ID cards.
The technical bit…
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) state that everyone at work needs to know how to work safely and without risks to health. The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 requires employers to provide their employees with information, instruction, training and supervision necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonable practicable, their health and safety at work . The self employed also have a duty, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their work activities.
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 also specify situations where health and safety training is particularly important, e.g. when people start work. There are a number of other regulations with specific training requirements, e.g. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER98) specifies the need for training for people who use work equipment.
On-site Course Requirements
- A room for the theory session
- A safe area for the practical session with a Plant machine and driver for the candidates to Marshall.
- Use of radio communication equipment.
- All machines to be in good working order.
- Candidates will need to know their date of birth and National Insurance number.
How can we help
At Kentra Training Centre we are proud to offer a wide range of training courses and cater to the bespoke needs of our clients. Let us know when you need and how we can help you, and be sure of a friendly welcome from the team.
We wouldn’t go so far as to say the office staff are a fountain of all knowledge, but they know everything there is to know about our courses, and what they don’t know they can usually find out. You can message us through the website CLICK HERE, or give us a call on 01606 832 556.
Don’t worry, there’s no obligation, and no strings attached when you make an enquiry. We’ll try our best to point you in the right direction!
We look forward to helping you with this N132 Plant Mover course or any of your training needs.
The Kentra Training Team