|1) What are the new NPORS CSSS courses equivalent to?|
The Construction Site Safety Manager (CSSM) course is equivalent to the CITB Site Manager Training Scheme (SMSTS)
The Construction Site Safety Supervisor course is equivalent to the CITB Site Supervisor Training Scheme (SSSTS)2) Can I claim a grant through my levy for the NPORS CSSS courses?
Yes the CITB have approved the NPORS CSSS courses for grant claims.
3) How long are the courses?
NPORS S029 – Novice Construction Site Safety Supervisor (CSSS) course is a 2 day duration.
NPORS S031 – Novice Construction Site Safety Manager (CSSM) course is 5 days in duration.
NPORS S032 – Construction Site Safety Manager Refresher is one day
NPORS S033 – Construction Site Safety Supervisor Refresher is one day
4) Where are the courses?
The courses can be delivered on-site, where our instructor will come to you and use your classroom / meeting room for the course. Alternatively, you can come to us at our Training Centre W1 in Middlewich.
5) How many delegates can attend each course?
The courses can be for up to 20 candidates per session.
We are planning to run our first 5 day Construction Site Safety Manager course in January 2021.
At a first time special price of £225.00 per person, including NPORS registration (plus VAT)
We have dates available for week commencing Monday 4th January or week commending Monday 25th January. If you are interested in the NPORS CSSM 5 day course please drop me an contact us or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and register your interest so we can establish which date would be most beneficial.
This is a special price and at nearly half the advertised price for SMSTS courses a bargain for you our existing customers.
New NPORS Training courses – Supervisor Awareness Courses
The supervisor awareness courses were developed by NPORS and released in September 2020.
The new health & safety courses will help supervisors understand the correct operating procedures that should be adopted by operators in the workplace and will help employers to comply with the requirements of PUWER 98 Regulation 9.
The new categories are:
N034 Plant Supervisor Awareness
N035 MEWP Supervisor Awareness
N036 Lift Truck Supervisor Awareness.
All these courses are 1 day in duration for up to 6 candidates.
We will be able to run the courses on-site where our instructors would come to you, or throughout the year from our training centre W1 in Middlewich.
Course Objectives for all the awareness courses include
- To have a basic understanding of a supervisor responsibilities and relevant legislation, policies and procedures, including relevant Risk Assessments, Method Statement and Traffic Management systems.
- To be able to check certification for equipment and accessories including PPE.
- Correctly risk assess the task and implement a safe system of work, prepare a step by step method statement including selection of equipment to be used.
- Allocate team roles and responsibilities through a toolbox talk / safety briefing.
- Oversee task ensuring the team safely follows the step by step system of work.
- Liaise with management and operators. Deliver a debrief meeting with the team and discuss any lessons learned.
Each of the courses then specifically cover
N034 Plant Supervisor Awareness ~
- To have a basic understanding of plant machinery / equipment, the dangers of working within the construction environment and your responsibilities as a supervisor.
N035 MEWP Supervisor Awareness ~
- To have a basic understanding of working at height equipment, the dangers of working at height and your responsibilities as a supervisor.
- To be able to supervise the work safely and identify various hazards including dangers of working at height and emergency rescue procedures.
N036 Lift Truck Supervisor Awareness ~
- To have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working within this environment and your responsibilities as a supervisor.
|A quick Christmas update. |
The office officially closes on Friday 18th December, but we will be popping in and out finishing things up on Monday and Tuesday so if there is anything urgent please just leave us a message on 01606 832 556 and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Finally, we would like to thank you all for your support through a difficult year and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year and we hope to see you in 2021 on one of these exciting new NPORS training courses.
From everyone at Kentra Training. x