NPORS N0132 Plant Mover Training for Non Operational Duties, this course was designed by NPORS for roles including plant mechanics, plant machinery delivery drivers etc. For those who will only move machinery in the workplace, whether it be for maintenance or repair, delivery and collection purposes but not the full operations of the plant machinery i.e. do not dig with an excavator.
There are lots of roles where people are required to move machinery, and this course covers
- Lifting equipment
- Earthmoving equipment
- Accessing Equipment
The aim of the training is to provide candidates with the knowledge to enable them to carry out the movement of plant equipment safely. As mentioned, this course if for people who are responsible for moving the machinery around the site, this could be maintenance staff or drivers who deliver the machinery to site. All staff should be trained in the safe operation of plant or machinery. Alternatively, for mechanics or repair engineers who are required to move the equipment in the repair shop.
Plant Mover Training – Course Content
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer‘s handbook for each machine.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify all controls and operate the machine safely.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with the manufacturer‘s recommendations.
- Use the correct PPE for Plant Movers.
- Prepare machinery for movement and operate machinery safely in forward and reverse gears over varying terrain.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks in the working area.
- Correct Storage and transportation of machinery attachments (buckets, forks, breakers etc).
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
How we can help
At Kentra Training we have been delivering health and safety courses for over 20 years, all our instructors are registered with NPORS, a Nationally recognised training awarding body established in 1992. The Plant Mover Training course has been developed with leading manufacturers and UK leading companies to provide the very best of training for your operatives.
The Kentra Training team are looking forward to helping.